Rodrigo is a soccer player and coach who lives in Australia.
I am 37 years old, born and bred in Australia from Chilean heritage. Happily married 6 years to my beautiful wife Yvette. Previous professional soccer player in Australia who still plays and works at a high school running a soccer program. The most important thing to me is family and I love being a dad to Luella and one on the way.
Every father has his story. This is a small glimpse into Rodrigo's.
1. Sometimes, the connection to fatherhood is not immediate. Was it for you? And if not, was there a moment that you really felt, "Woah. I'm a dad."
I loved her before she was born. Her birth was amazing and I felt an instant connection when I saw her for the first time. She was so beautiful and I was completely in love with her.
2. What has been easier than you thought it would be? How about harder?
Absolutely nothing has been easy apart from loving her. Sleep deprivation for the first 2 years was harder than I could ever of imagined. At the time I was playing professional soccer and travelling a lot. Having such a physically demanding job and not sleeping well at night was extremely tough.
3. What kids book would you read a million times out loud in a row? What book are you actually have to read a million times out loud in a row?
We read a book called " Martha, No" for about a 6 month period, every single night to a point where she could recite the whole book. Now we basically read whatever she demands! hahaha
4. What traditions are you excited to carry on with your kids?
I would love to continue my family tradition of celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve. Being Chilean we celebrate on Christmas eve and stay up late until SANTA arrives at 12. I would also love her to speak Spanish.
5. Being a dad makes me feel _____________________.
special. It is the greatest privilege and responsibility I could ever have asked for. I had always dreamed of being a dad and now that I am, I can say with certainty that nothing I have ever done in my life compares.
Thanks for letting us into your adventure through fatherhood, Rodrigo! Check out his Instagram to follow along with his journey.
Leave a comment